Nothing beats sourdough pancakes…until you add blueberries!
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter discard
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil (or two tablespoons)
- 1 large egg or egg replacer
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4-1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon of sugar
Combine all wet ingredients. Mix well. Add dry ingredients and wisk until smooth. I don’t add sugar to my batter since I will add maple syrup. The amount of blueberries is up to you!
I like to fry mine in a little bit of grape seed oil instead of vegan butter; It gives a nice crispy , golden edge. I warm the pan to a medium heat. Flip when then first side is full of bubbles. I tend to turn the heat down as I go through batches to avoid burning as the pan gets hotter.
Makes about 8 pancakes.