Light, fluffy and a little bit crispy.
- 1 cup my all purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup coconut milk*
- 1/4 cup water (omit for very, very thick pancakes. Add more than 1/4 cup for very thin cakes)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (for fluffier texture, leave it out for thin cakes)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (Optional. It’s for flavor and sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional for lower calorie, healthier cakes. I don’t add sugar to mine as it will be topped with something sweet anyway like fruit, maple syrup or jam…save yourself from the extra sugar/calories/heart disease, you won’t miss it.)
* any milk will do. I just don’t drink cows milk. 🐄 Coconut is my favorite. 🥥
Mix well and pour into pan. Makes about 8 medium sized pancakes, plenty for two people! For pancakes that are moist with crispy edges, use a little more oil/butter for frying. For a dryer less crispy cake, use less oil/butter for frying.